This statement covers all of the Tastes of Niagara website and any associated content including email and RSS feeds. Please read this statement carefully before proceeding to access any of the SE Site. Your use of the SE Site indicates your agreement to abide by the Terms in effect.
- The Tastes of Niagara logo and URL must appear prominently at the top of each page displaying Tastes of Niagara content.
- Internal links in the Tastes of Niagara content must not be removed.
- The format or branding of Tastes of Niagara headlines, text, and other information provided in the RSS feeds must not be modified.
- “More From…” links back Tastes of Niagara at the end of each post must be included on content pages, and may not be removed.
For questions about print syndication, please email milan@tastesofniagara.
- The RSS feeds may not be spliced into or otherwise redistributed by third-party RSS providers.
- No content, including any advertisements or other promotional content, shall be added to the RSS feeds.
- Images must be removed from open syndication feeds and commercial feeds (please contact Tastes of Niagara for more details)
- Tastes of Niagara reserves the right to object to your presentation of the RSS feeds and the right to require you to cease using the RSS feeds at any time.
- Tastes of Niagara further reserves the right to terminate its distribution of the RSS feeds or change the content or formatting of the RSS feeds at any time without notice to you.
- Tastes of Niagara provides this content “as is” and Tastes of Niagara shall not be held liable for your use of the information or the feeds.
- Use of a Site’s content, including text and images, on your site, or in print, is entirely at your discretion. Tastes of Niagara is not responsible for any complaints regarding content or images that you choose to display on your site or in print.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED, TASTES OF NIAGARA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING WARRANTIES FOR MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. By accessing the RSS feeds or the XML instructions provided above, you indicate that you understand and agree to these terms and conditions.
- Tastes of Niagara aims to build a welcoming, inclusive community of readers and foster lively but friendly conversations about the content we publish. Users who have created Tastes of Niagara accounts may post comments on articles and recipes. To help ensure that comments are useful, interesting, and respectful to other readers, the following types of content are prohibited:
- Threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, or libelous material
- Derogatory, hateful, or grossly offensive statements about an individual or a group
- Intentionally misleading statements or statements the commenter knows to be false
- Advertisements for or offers to sell or buy any product or service, or comments that are intended primarily for self-promotion or promotion of third-party goods and services
- Material that infringes copyright
- Material that is in breach of the law
- Any content that is irrelevant to the particular article or recipe to which the comment is being posted
- If Tastes of Niagara sees or receives notice that a comment post is not in keeping with the above terms and conditions or the intended use of our comments sections, we reserve the right to remove that comment posting. The removal of any comment shall be solely at the discretion of Tastes of Niagara. Repeated or serious violations of these terms and conditions by a user may result in the user being banned from all comments sections on Tastes of Niagara.
- As noted above, intentionally false or misleading statements are prohibited; however, Tastes of Niagara accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of information posted in the comments.
- Tastes of Niagara typically displays images as part of features written by our editors and contributors. The types of images editors are authorized to use on Tastes of Niagara include:
- Images licensed from photographic archive vendors
- Images supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes
- Images published on Flickr or other public photo sites, with an implied license for use under the Creative Commons license associated with such sites
- Images commissioned by Tastes of Niagara
- Images used to illustrate a newsworthy story under the Fair Use doctrine
- Images where the use is transformative, such as for satire
- Notices of alleged copyright infringement on Tastes of Niagara must comply with the Copyright Modernization Act of Canada, which can be found HERE . To file a notice of infringement, send an email to email@example.com with an attached and signed PDF containing the following:
- The exact, permanent URL on tastesofniagara.ca of each allegedly infringing image, video, music, text, or other content that you wish to have removed
- Your email address and telephone number
- Proof of your copyright regarding the content in question
- The following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- If you have not received a response to your notice of alleged infringement within 10 days, please call us at 905-512-5630 to confirm we have received your complaint.
External Links Disclaimer
- Tastes of Niagara routinely contain links to external, third party websites. By providing links to other sites, Tastes of Niagara does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to Tastes of Niagara.
- Tastes of Niagara does not operate or control and has no responsibility for the information, products and/or services found on any external sites. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Visitors to Tastes of Niagara assume complete responsibility and risk in their use of any external sites. Visitors should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or webmaster.
Notification of Changes
- If you have any questions or notices of violations to these terms and conditions, please see our contact page.